ELEVATE CAMP 2018
“Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! We must always cherish this truth and stubbornly refuse to go back into the bondage of our past.”
We’d love to invite you to come along to Elevate Camp 2018. You’re going to experience 3 unforgettable days with all your friends at beautiful Lake Moogerah. With all your camp favourites like tribal wars, marshmellows around the fire, life-changing messages from our guest speaker, delicious food and heaps of time with your group to make new friends and have a blast with everyone.
Monday 24/09/2018 to Wednesday 26/09/2018
We depart at the following times:
- Toowoomba: 7.45AM – 12 Peace Street (New Hope Church Toowoomba)
- Crows Nest: 6.45AM – 9 Emu Creek Road Crows Nest (New Hope Church Crows Nest)
- Kingaroy: 5AM (Highway Church Kingaroy)
We return at the following times:
- Toowoomba: 6.00 PM – 12 Peace Street (New Hope Church Toowoomba)
- Crows Nest: 7.00PM – 9 Emu Creek Road Crows Nest (New Hope Church Crows Nest)
- Kingaroy: 8.45PM (Highway Church Kingaroy)
Please contact us if your young person would like to attend camp but will arrive late/depart early.
To get to camp you’ll need to fill out a registration form and make full payment before camp begins. If you are unsure of your ability to pay, please let us know as soon as possible.
Full Registration: $215
Get $15 off when you pay by 31/07/18
$50 deposit required by 01/09/18
You can make your payment for camp at any of our Friday night youth programs, at church on Sunday, or using the following direct deposit details:
- Account Name: New Hope Church Ltd – Toowoomba
- Account BSB: 064-433
- Account Number: 1111 4016
- Reference: “EC18-CamperName”
If you are unsure if you are able to pay for camp, please contact us as soon as possible.
67 St Lawrence Rd, Moogerah QLD 4309
The campsite has reception for major telco’s so if you need to contact your young person during camp you shouldn’t have any troubles
All Thrive Youth events are drug & alcohol free.
We have volunteer venue control around the site throughout the duration of Elevate camp.
All of our leaders & workers are required to have an Australian approved WWC clearance check, in addition to a leadership interview before being a part of our programs.
All activities have risk assessments performed and each event complies with the Child Protection Policy of New Hope Church and of the Australian Christian Churches.
If your teenager is exhibiting behaviour that is destructive to themselves or others, or contrary to our values and beliefs, our youth staff & team may require you to come & collect your teenager at your own expense.
To contact your young person during camp, you can ring one of our camp directors at any time.
- Sheets and blankets OR sleeping bag
- Bath towel and Beach towel
- 3 days of clothes (+1extra pair for messy games)
- Closed in shoes you are comfy to run in
- Shoes to wear in the lake
- Hat & thongs
- Swimmers (shorts and a shirt or singlet over togs are a must)
- Sunscreen & insect repellent
- Large water bottle
- Bible, notebook and a pen
- Money to bless our guest speaker
- Food for the bus if you get hangry!
- A blank white/light top if you want your tribes logo painted on
- Marshmallows to roast at bonfire
- Use a nikko to put your name on things so we can find them easily if lost
Our camp program consists of the following main elements:
- Tribal Wars: Team based physical challenges
- Main Rallies: Praise, Worship, Games, Giveaways, Preaching, Prayer Time
- Small Group Discussion: Groups of 10 or less people discussing the messages preached
- Topical Breakouts: Specific teaching electives about issues facing our generation
- Hang out time: Free time to make friends, chat, shower, prepare for meetings, etc
If you have concerns about your childs ability to be involved in any of these activities please let us know.
A first aid officer is elected and present in all activities.
If your child has medication you are required to surrender this to our first aid officer a the beginning of camp along with details of how to administer the medication. Our first aid officer will make sure your young person takes their medication in accordance with their prescription.
If you would like to elect your young person to be unallowed to receive on-shelf pain medication such as Paracetomol/Neurofen then you can nominate this in the camp registration form.